Monday, August 22, 2016

Transfer Day!!

Yesterday was finally transfer day! All my fears of us going to the clinic and them telling us all 8 embryos stopped growing between Day 3 and day 5 were unfounded of course. We still had 8. We ended up transfering one BB Early Blastocyst.

Our transfer was scheduled for 2:30pm and we were told to arrive a little before 2. We ended up getting there around 1:45. The nurse brought us right back to the procedure area and had me take my first valium, change into a robe, and then she drew blood to check my progesterone and E2 levels (I'll get a call today with the results and if they need to make any adjustments to my dosages). Another couple was coming out of the procedure room so we had to wait while they cleaned and reset for us which only took maybe 10 minutes.

They had my assume the position (you know exactly what I mean IVF ladies) and checked my bladder to make sure it was full. The tech said it was good and I could actually go pee for a few seconds if I wanted too if I wasn't feeling good because of it. I told her I was fine, because having to pee and stop when you still have a full bladder sucks. The doctor came in and showed us pictures of all of our embryos and went over their grading. We chose the best one and the doctor started doing her thing. The embryologist brought our embryo over, the doctor injected it, which we could see on the ultrasound machine. The embryologist checked the catheter to make sure it was all clear, then the doc removed everything from my vag. She then emptied my bladder with a catheter which I wasn't expecting at all!!! I was laughing the whole time. And it took a while.that thing was full to the brim. We go to watch my bladder shrink on the monitor which I also found cool. The tech handed us a picture print out of the embryo sitting in my uterus as well to keep.

After that I moved to the stretcher and they wheeled me back to the recovery area. I rested there for about 15 minutes and then off we went for home! We were at the clinic for maybe 45 minutes total. Easy peasy.

And now we wait until September 2nd for our beta. I'm going to take a half day because if they call with bad news there is no way I can go back to work. But for the next 11 days I'm going to think positive and only positive. This will work. There is no reason for it not to.

Me for the next few days:


No comments:

Post a Comment