Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Stims Day 1

Yesterday was our first day with stims meds and let me tell you: I screwed up.
 
I'm supposed to mix two vials of Menopur with a 1/2 cc of saline. After measuring the air into the syringe and putting the 1/2 cc of air into the vial instead of picking up only a 1/2 cc of saline we did the entire bottle. That much saline pumping into my leg didn't feel right, that's for sure.

And then after doing the Lupron shot I realized I drew up the full 10 units instead of the 5 I was supposed to drop it to! I had the instructions right in front of me, all day I kept telling myself: 5 units, not 10. Reduce your dose. Half dose of Lupron. Over and over and over. And then in all the excitement and nervousness of doing these injections for the first night I hit myself up with 10 units.


It is nothing major, but I still have to call the RE and let them know my screw ups. I feel like a kid who got caught doing something bad. Like they're going to take my toys away and send me to time out.

The only good thing is that it was the first night. I'm just afraid because of the extra Lupron I will have to stim extra days and will have to buy more meds, and man those are expensive! Here's to not screwing up again!

No comments:

Post a Comment