Saturday, July 9, 2016

More Preparation

I've been on birth control pills for two weeks now. The the first week I had a continual headache which finally subsided 7 days later. I've had some spotting for 2 days now. And I've randomly cried only twice. I forgot how wonderful BCP are! sike.

We are moving along in our preparation for our IVF cycle. We have all the meds delivered as of today (the good thing about spending thousands of dollars on meds is free next day shipping. Wooo!!). Our grand total came to $3340, and I have two rebate forms to send in the get a little money back. We ordered through 2 separate pharmacies. Here is a breakdown of what we paid.

South Miami Pharmacy (SMP):
Ovidrel, 250mg: $199 total for two.
Gonal F Readi Inject, 900iu: $954
Menopur, 75iu, 25 vials (150iu dose): $2099.75

Aetna Specialty Pharmacy:
Lupron: $70 copay
Progesterone in Oil: $10 copay
Estradiol oral: $7.65 copay

CVS:
Apri Birth Contral Pills: $0

I actually expected to pay more; the copays really helped us out. But I'm still feeling:


I have to say I really like SMP. I've had great customer service with them in the past when ordering my Ovidrel for IUIs and not when ordering IVF meds they are again really great. The day my doctor sends over the order they call to confirm and set up delivery. The CSRs are freindly, knowledgeable, and helpful. Aetna Pharmacy? Not so much. Like at all.

I had another blood draw today to check my TSH. I've been on 50mcg of synthroid for about 3 weeks now so hopefully my levels have regulated back below 2.0. The sonohysterogram and injection training is Monday and the trial transfer is the following week.

I haven't decided about acupuncture. I've read a lot about it helping with IVF success rates, but it's $85 per session, which after spending $3340 on meds I feel anxious about spending more money, even if it could be helpful. I'm also afraid of going back to the acupuncturist I had been seeing and her wanting me to stick to a crazy diet again. I was so miserable and stressed out before when I was sticking to the no dairy, no sugar, eat only air diet. Right now I'm thinking of making an appointment for the week I start Lupron (July 24th).

I've been trying to stick to a high protein, lower carb diet (not no carbs, because that makes me miserable and cry in the grocery store aisle), but I haven't been too strict (escecially because 4th of July is my favorite holiday and I'm going to pig out). Once I start the stims I'm going to be extra good. But I have a few more weeks until that happens. Here's to hoping no crying in the grocery store again.


IVF Check List:
  1. Cycle day 3 ultrasound and blood work, including FSH and Estradiol
    • I will receive my prescription for birth control and the clinic will contact me after the doctor has reviewed my labs to give me the go ahead to start BCP
  2.  Around the same time get blood work for hepatitis panel, HIV, RPR/VDRL (both myself and Husband)
  3. Have latest pap smear info sent over from my OBGYN's office
  4. Complete consents for ICSI, assisted hatching, embryo freezing (including what to do if one or both of us pass away), disposition of embryos, and IVF in general. We have to get these notarized
  5. Have sonohysterogram - 7/11/16
  6. Have trail transfer - 7/21/16
  7. Do injection training - 7/11/16
  8. Schedule a meeting with the doctor who will do our retrieval, as our RE will be out of town during the retrieval window 
  9. Restart acupuncture at some point, probably mid July
  10. Complete application for medication discounts
  11. Make sure all meds are delivered by 7/24/16
  12. Start Lurpon 7/24/16
  13. Last BCP 7/28/16
  14. Ultrasound/Blood work 8/2/16
  15. Start Gonal F and Menopur 8/2/16 as long as everything looks good
  16. Ultrasound/Blood work 8/5/16
  17. Ultrasound/blood work ever day/every other day week of 8/7/16-8/13/16
  18. Retrieval week of 8/14-8/21 depending on respond
  19. Start progesterone and estrogen supplements day of retrieval
  20. Transfer 5 days after retrieval, unless embroys aren't growing as well. Then they might do a 3 days post retrieval transfer
  21. Blood test 1 week after transfer
  22. Beta test 12 days after transfer

No comments:

Post a Comment