Friday, May 20, 2016

The internet has too much information!

The internet has too much information! There are so many different cycle protocols and a lot of different testing and monitoring that I was getting nervous my RE wasn't doing something they should be. I was able to talk to a nurse at my clinic office to get some additional information. Bless her, she took the time to speak with my crazy self for about 10 minutes answering all of my questions. #praisehandsemoji for great nurses.

Blood work! I asked about getting blood work done every CD3 when getting IUIs, since that seems pretty normal for a lot of people online. The nurse said with the protocol I'm on, clomid 50mg and ovidrel, it's not necessary to get new blood work every cycle. I had blood work done at the end of February which is up-to-date enough for now. If I were to go on injectables, though, I would have to get blood work every cycle while using them. I'm glad to have that cleared up!

Injectables! I asked about using injectables instead of clomid and she said based on my age and response to clomid they wouldn't recommend injectables for me since they want to "have A baby, not 5".

Testing for IVF! My last question was about any additional/updated testing we could do this coming cycle so when we meet with the Dr. on June 8th she has everything she needs to helps up decide what to do next (Have you noticed patience isn't one of my virtues? I like to have things lined up and get things done and out of the way). The nurse just said my husband should get an updated sperm analysis. Other than that we should be good to go for our meeting!

Happy Friday! It's sunny and 70 outside, it's a pay day, and we're getting ice cream tonight after dinner!


No comments:

Post a Comment