Thursday, January 5, 2017

Saline Sonohysterogram

I had to have another Saline Sonohysterogram yesterday since my previous one was done in June/July. The SS checks for polyps and other abnormalities in the uterine cavity, which can affect implantation.

Procedure play-by-play: I made a pit stop at Target for some cleansing wipes, as I've been having some stomach issues and wanted things downtown to be nice and clean for the doctor. I somehow still managed to spend $40.

I arrived for my appointment and the tech had me give a urine sample to make sure I am not pregnant (which I wish they had told me ahead of time I needed to do that because I went to the bathroom as soon as I got to the office). Anyways - the US tech took a quick look at my ovaries before the doctor came in and let me know a male resident was going to come in and he'd be standing near my head if that was ok with me....Sure, why not. Everyone else has seen it. He can take a look at the business end if he really wants to.......

Once the doctor came in the procedure was very quick and in classic me fashion I very nearly broke out into Mean Girls quotes. My RE was telling me about the new, shorter catheters they got and that if someone was "bigger or had a long vagina" they'd need a different catheter. Enter this into my mind:


I held back my giggles.

I had a tiny bit of cramping and pain when the doc injected the saline, but it was over very quickly and I was declared to have a "gorgeous" cavity so I have that much going for me!


I sure hope our little embryo thinks the same in 34 days!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment