Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Transfering 1 or 2

I keep thinking about the transfer for this cycle, whether we will transfer one or two embryos. With our first cycle my husband wanted to do two but we ended up only transferred one because I was so adamant about a singleton. The thought of having two babies at once was terrifying to me! I see how tired my friends are with one and think how can people raise two at once!?!?

As we get further and further into this process though twins doesn't seem so bad anymore. We've had a hard time getting pregnant with just one baby and I'm only 28, started this process at 26. If my egg quality isn't good at 28 why would it be any better at 30, 31, 32, whenever we try for a second (if this cycle even works out)? Having twins now would maybe make up for the fact I may not be able to get pregnant later in life. And that last thought, not having more kids, makes me more scared and sad than the extra weight and stretch marks, the potential health complications for me and babies, and the even less sleep I'd be getting, and the bigger disruption to life in general. So two embryos it is for IVF Round 2. If we even have that many normal embryos left after PGS.




No comments:

Post a Comment