Monday, September 12, 2016

Moving On

The rumors are true. The period after a failed IVF/chemical pregnancy SUCKS! It was the heaviest flow and worst cramping I have ever had, and I typically have heavy flow and cramps. I woke up at 3:30am, 5:30am, and 7:30am soaking through super tampons (that was the heaviest I had with me on our vacation). If i had my leftover Tylenol with codine from after the retrieval I would have take it. I was curled up in a fetal position of the bathroom floor. Awful. Now, a few days later, this are feeling better. Still crampy but ok.

We want to move right on to another round of IVF so I had a CD4 ultrasound and blood work this morning. The tech said I had some complicated cysts on my ovaries, but that's normal to see after an IVF round. I got my BCP prescription as well as protocol with two timings, one for Sept and one for Oct. The nurse will call later today to discuss our options.

We also meet with our RE on Wednesday to discuss this past cycle and the future. If anyone has good questions to ask let me know!

I look back at what we've gone through and the 'milestones' we've reached. I never thought it would take more than 2-3 months to get pregnant. Never thought it would take over 6 months. Never thought it would take over a year. Never thought I would have to take clomid. Never thought I have to go to a fertility clinic. Never thought it would take more than one IUI. Or more than 3 IUIs. I never thought I would have to go through IVF. Never thought I would have a chemical pregnancny. And I definitely never thought I would have to go through two rounds of IVF. I used to be hopeful with each new things, saying this is going to be the thing that works for us. This is the thing that will get me pregnant. But now I'm not so sure. I feel less and less hopeful every month that passes.



What IVF feels like:

No comments:

Post a Comment