Tuesday, March 8, 2016

#ScienceBaby

We met with the RE yesterday to review recent test results and come up with a plan for the future.
My CD3 ultrasounds was alright. I had 10 follicles. But my FSH is at 11 which is less than optimal. I don't smoke, am not overweight, don't have endometriosis, or any of the other things the dr. listed as probably causes. So that sucks.

The ultrasound also showed a small cyst on my right ovary which they will continue to monitor moving forward.

With my issues and with Husband's issues we've decided to go ahead with IUI which we will begin on my next cycle. I'll take get an ultrasound on CD3, take clomid 5-9, get another ultrasound on CD13, do the trigger shot hopefully that day and then the actual IUI 2 days after the trigger shot. Mike is happy because he will be able to do his thing at the clinic and not have to worry about driving his specimen at breakneck speed completely across metro Detroit.

At the end of my appointment I did have to get more blood drawn to recheck my TSH level which is elevated again to a 2.5. For pregnancy they really want TSH at 2.0 or lower. I'm on thyroid meds currently and when I had my levels checked in January it was down to a 2.07 but it's gone back up. If it is still elevated the dr. said she would put me on a slightly stronger dose to get it back down to the 2.0ish range.

Husband's varicocele surgery is this Thursday (2 days!). Hopefully that will help in this whole equation as well (there are a lot of "hopefully"s in here, spot a trend?).

But really:

No comments:

Post a Comment