Wednesday, July 5, 2017

23+5 - Fetal Echocardiogram

Today I am 23 weeks + 5 days and it's been a busy week for appointments!
Today we had a fetal echocardiogram. Our OB had us schedule this because there is some evidence that IVF babies have a higher risk of heart defects. Our appointment was for 8am and it took about 45 minutes. The tech went through every little detail of the heart so we go t a nice long look at Little Babe. Baby was mostly cooperative, though it's arm was in the way for a little bit, casting a shadow on the heart, so she kept trying to get Baby to move.

I also almost passed out from being on my back! I've passed out before (though not while pregnant) so I'm very aware of what it feels like setting in. I started to get uncomfortable, and breathing weird, and sweaty. When I spoke my voice was muffled. She had me move on my side and I felt much better pretty fast, but then she needed me to move again to my back for a few minutes to get another view and the feelings set in again. I was just telling a friend on Monday, 2 days ago, that laying on my back hasn't been a problem. So much for that! I will definitely have to be careful moving forward!

The tech said everything looked great with the heart and we also had her check for the subchorionic hematoma they found during the anatomy scan. She said it looked like it had all cleared up which is great (and really great that we were able to cancel our additional ultrasound for tomorrow. Save those dollars).

We had our regular 24 week OB appointment on Monday (23+3) this week as well. Baby's heart beat was good, but the doctor said I was measuring 27 with fundal height. It's the 2nd appointment in a row I've measured 3+ weeks ahead. If Baby measures ahead again like this we will have to have another ultrasound at the MFM. I certainly don't feel big and when I look at pictures of people in the same week of pregnancy I don't think I look bigger at all! I have read that fundal height is really screwy and not a great predictor but of course I'm stressed about it. Hopefully next appointment we measure right on track.

Pregnancy Week 23:
Cravings: Still none.
Aversions:Chicken.
Symptoms: Heartburn, almost passing out if on my back.
Weight Gain: 10 lbs.
Emotional Breakdowns: One.
Achievements: Painted Little Babe's room!

No comments:

Post a Comment