Friday, May 5, 2017

15 week Update

Today marks 15 weeks! My app says Little Babe is the size of an eclair yuummmm.

I had been dealing with bad headaches for about 3 weeks. I would get maybe a day of relief, 2 if I was lucky, and then it would be back full force. I tried taking tylenol, drinking something with caffeine (both coke and coffee), peppermint oil on temples/back of neck, had husband massage my neck and head, ice, heat, darkness, sunshine, exercise, etc. basically anything I could think of.
I was at my wits end so I asked my dr if there was ANYthing else I could do. She prescribed me fioricet. There are mixed feelings amongst pregnant women about the medication. It contains Acetaminophen, Butalbital (a barbituate), and Caffeine and is considered a class C, meaning risk isn't ruled out. My OB prescribed it as a last resort and last resort is exactly where I was with the headaches. I would have sold my left kidney to make them go away. Normally when you have a headache for a day you can just deal with it and it goes away soon (like if you have a stomach ache or something else. You know the pain will lessen, you know what I mean?). Having a headache for so long is so draining physically and emotionally. I was nauseous from the pain and the nausea made me not have an appetite. I was crying at my desk, crying in my car, crying at home, I was so miserable. The medication worked within about 40 minutes. I actually felt hungry for the first time in a few days. I took another dose before bed because I could tell the 1st was wearing off, but when I woke up this morning without a headache I felt like a brand new person. I felt so much relief. I am SO glad I took the medication and I'm glad to know I have it in case I really truly need it again. A lot of people steer clear of all meds if possible during pregnancy and say they should just 'tough it out', but if you are truly in pain and miserable at least ask your dr about options.
etc. basically anything I could think of or read on the internet. Nothing worked. Then I had about 4 days of really really bad headaches and I gave in. I asked my dr if there was


I still am not really showing. I was hoping to have a cute little bump for vacation next week but I think I'll just look like a blob. Oh well, vacation is vacation, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment